Names Project Aids Memorial Quilt was published at February 28, 2018 at 3:54 pm. It is posted on the Quilt category. Names Project Aids Memorial Quilt is labelled with Names Project Aids Memorial Quilt, Names, Project, Aids, Memorial, Quilt..
Namesname (nām),USA pronunciation n., v., named, nam•ing, adj.
- a word or a combination of words by which a person, place, or thing, a body or class, or any object of thought is designated, called, or known.
- mere designation, as distinguished from fact: He was a king in name only.
- an appellation, title, or epithet, applied descriptively, in honor, abuse, etc.
- a reputation of a particular kind given by common opinion: to protect one's good name.
- a distinguished, famous, or great reputation;
fame: to make a name for oneself.
- a widely known or famous person;
celebrity: She's a name in show business.
- an unpleasant or derogatory appellation or expression: Don't call your brother names! Sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me.
- a personal or family name as exercising influence or bringing distinction: With that name they can get a loan at any bank in town.
- a body of persons grouped under one name, as a family or clan.
- the verbal or other symbolic representation of a thing, event, property, relation, or concept.
- (cap.) a symbol or vehicle of divinity: to take the Name in vain; the power of the Name.
- by name:
individually: She was always careful to address every employee by name.
- not personally;
by repute: I know him by name only.
- call names, to scold or speak abusively of or to a person: Better not to call names unless one is larger and considerably stronger than one's adversary.
- in the name of:
- with appeal to: In the name of mercy, stop that screaming!
- by the authority of: Open, in the name of the law!
- on behalf of: to purchase something in the name of another.
- under the name or possession of: money deposited in the name of a son.
- under the designation or excuse of: murder in the name of justice.
- to one's name, in one's possession: I haven't a penny to my name.
- to give a name to: to name a baby.
- to accuse: He was named as the thief.
- to call by an epithet: They named her speedy.
- to identify, specify, or mention by name: Three persons were named in the report.
- to designate for some duty or office;
nominate or appoint: I have named you for the position.
- to specify;
suggest: Name a price.
- to give the name of: Can you name the capital of Ohio?
- to speak of.
- [Brit.](in the House of Commons) to cite (a member) for contempt.
- name names, to specify people by name, esp. those who have been accomplices in a misdeed: The witness in the bribery investigation threatened to name names.
widely known: a name author.
- designed for or carrying a name.
- giving its name or title to a collection or anthology containing it: the name piece.
Projectproj•ect (n. proj′ekt, -ikt;v. prə jekt′),USA pronunciation n.
- something that is contemplated, devised, or planned;
- a large or major undertaking, esp. one involving considerable money, personnel, and equipment.
- a specific task of investigation, esp. in scholarship.
- a supplementary, long-term educational assignment necessitating personal initiative, undertaken by an individual student or a group of students.
- Often, projects. See housing project.
- to propose, contemplate, or plan.
- to throw, cast, or impel forward or onward.
- to set forth or calculate (some future thing): They projected the building costs for the next five years.
- to throw or cause to fall upon a surface or into space, as a ray of light or a shadow.
- to cause (a figure or image) to appear, as on a background.
- to regard (something within the mind, as a feeling, thought, or attitude) as having some form of reality outside the mind: He projected a thrilling picture of the party's future.
- to cause to jut out or protrude.
- to throw forward an image of (a figure or the like) by straight lines or rays, either parallel, converging, or diverging, that pass through all its points and reproduce it on another surface or figure.
- to transform the points (of one figure) into those of another by a correspondence between points.
- to present (an idea, program, etc.) for consideration or action: They made every effort to project the notion of world peace.
- to use (one's voice, gestures, etc.) forcefully enough to be perceived at a distance, as by all members of the audience in a theater.
- to communicate clearly and forcefully (one's thoughts, personality, role, etc.) to an audience, as in a theatrical performance;
produce a compelling image of.
- to cause (the voice) to appear to come from a source other than oneself, as in ventriloquism;
- to extend or protrude beyond something else.
- to use one's voice forcefully enough to be heard at a distance, as in a theater.
- to produce a clear impression of one's thoughts, personality, role, etc., in an audience;
communicate clearly and forcefully.
- to ascribe one's own feelings, thoughts, or attitudes to others.
AidsAIDS (ādz),USA pronunciation n. [Pathol.]
- a disease of the immune system characterized by increased susceptibility to opportunistic infections, as pneumocystis carinii pneumonia and candidiasis, to certain cancers, as Kaposi's sarcoma, and to neurological disorders: caused by a retrovirus and transmitted chiefly through blood or blood products that enter the body's bloodstream, esp. by sexual contact or contaminated hypodermic needles. Cf. AIDS virus.
Memorialme•mo•ri•al (mə môr′ē əl, -mōr′-),USA pronunciation n.
- something designed to preserve the memory of a person, event, etc., as a monument or a holiday.
- a written statement of facts presented to a sovereign, a legislative body, etc., as the ground of, or expressed in the form of, a petition or remonstrance.
- preserving the memory of a person or thing;
commemorative: memorial services.
- of or pertaining to the memory.
Quiltquilt (kwilt),USA pronunciation n.
- a coverlet for a bed, made of two layers of fabric with some soft substance, as wool or down, between them and stitched in patterns or tufted through all thicknesses in order to prevent the filling from shifting.
- anything quilted or resembling a quilt.
- a bedspread or counterpane, esp. a thick one.
- [Obs.]a mattress.
- to stitch together (two pieces of cloth and a soft interlining), usually in an ornamental pattern.
- to sew up between pieces of material.
- to pad or line with material.
- to make quilts or quilted work.
The article about Names Project Aids Memorial Quilt have 5 photos , they are The Names Project AIDS Quilt At Atlanta Pride Festival, AIDS Memorial Quilt Block On Display At Vancouver Church, Superior Names Project Aids Memorial Quilt #3 The AIDS Memorial Quilt, Wikipedia, NAMES Project: The AIDS Memorial Quilt.. Following are the photos:
One of odd toilet sink layout but in addition the modern-style is really a leaf- . This style seems very beautiful when exhibited hand and hand. Double leaf leaves almost resemble grapes that folded softly on your toilet table.
This really is probably just a sink for that area when you have a guest bathroom that requires an even more feminine effect. With a great number of distinctive variations as possible choose, there has to be function that fits you when creating a determination. But nobody says that bathroom remodeling that is successful is going to be an easy process.
You'll be able to and may prefer an Names Project Aids Memorial Quilt if you want blossoms. This type resembles an attractive pretty bowl that is bright with flowers adoring the bowl's top facet. It's mounted effortlessly under the stand and seems very wonderful.